Remember that this is a cover contest, not a photo contest. You must follow these rules when capturing your photograph.
- Your photo MUST feature people using The Gardens. We will not consider any other photograph;
- Photos must be at least 1600 X 1200 pixels at 300 dpi;
- Images must be portrait (vertical) orientation. Horizontal photos cannot be considered;
- There can't be any critical content in the top 1/3 of the image (see image to the right);
- Photos must be submitted by the deadlines in the editorial calendar below.
The Garden Dirt is published every other month, so you've got several shots at winning! Give it your best shot (sorry, we couldn't resist the easy pun)!
Tentative Editorial Calendar*
|Publication Date||Photo Submission Deadline||Editiorial Deadline|
|January/February||November 2||November 16|
|March/April||January 4||January 15|
|May/June||March 1||March 15|
|July/August||May 3||May 17|
|September/October||July 1||July 15|
|November/December||September 1||September 15|
Please submit your photos to Andrew Krebbs at email@example.com. Give us a call at 205.414.3950 if you've got any questions!
Here are some more examples of past covers: